Sunday, June 14, 2009

First week at work...and to be continued...


Wow, time really flies. My first week of work has gone past and a new one starts tomorrow. Before I go into that though, my apologies to Irene, Zheng Jie and Clayton for not being able to attend last week's dinner. Really had quite a bit to do that day. If there are any other people involved, sorry to you guys too. However, I do wonder if it actually got cancelled, since no one has mentioned it at all after that.


Alright, back to topic.

I am still adjusting to the fact that I am working, not to mention that it's in a real corporate environment. Even though NCS was also a big company, being an intern and an employee is two totally different thing. At NCS, they did not bother to teach me fully since they knew for sure I was going to be leaving in 3 months. So there were stuff I did not really touch on.

Now at Panasonic, I am totally exposed to the real world. The open office concept in the office is so different too. Being able to look directly at my GM when working is quite scary too. Besides the environment, my job scope is one that covers many areas, and there is a mixture of stuff I have learnt only the theory of as well as those I have never ever touched in my entire life.

Even though I am only a temp staff, my colleagues seem to treat me as though I was going to stay for a year. They are nice enough, and I do like the fact that I am expected to ask as many questions I have to in order to get my work done. I sure hope I'll not disappoint any of them and that even though I have no experience, I'll be able to catch on fast enough.

I'm scared still when seeing or approaching any of the department managers or GMs or MD. It will take a while I guess, and being an admin officer means I will surely have to speak to them.

On lighter notes, I have been brought to quite a few places to eat around the office area. Fortunately for me, there is no lack of good food there. I have also found female colleagues to eat with, so I think things has gone pretty smoothly.

I'll blog more soon, it's officially bed time now.

See ya....:)

No comments: