Friday, August 8, 2008

HSM ICE TOUR!!!

08/08/08!!

Went to watch HSM Ice Tour with Ben at expo tonight!!! Hehe, it was really really exciting. He reached my house around 6pm and drove us there. Reached there about 6.20pm. We shouldn’t have worried we would not be able to find the place because the first thought I had was “Just follow the kids!” There sure was many around! We decided to get some food at the “Munchy Cafe” there since we were early.

After a meal of chicken sausage, 4 fishballs, a plate of fries and chicken pie, we went to walk around a little. The many booths outside the hall were filled with souvenirs. We decided on the cotton candy in the end.

I was a little shocked at the price though, it cost $14 with a plastic hat included. Besides this, there were also shirts, some toys, flags bearing the “wildcats” logo, popcorn and some crushed ice drinks available. I think the flags and crushed ice drinks were more worth the money since they can be kept. I have my little plastic hat though, so it’s fine!

We made our way into the hall and our seats. Took pictures and started on the cotton candy since we had like at least 15mins. I think I really got high on it. There were 4 balls of it!! SUGAR HIGH!!

ACT 1 consisted of scenes from HSM 1, with an intro of all the characters. I must say, the ice skater playing Sharpay really resembled Ashley Tisdale. I was totally wowed by the skaters! One of the scene, that of Troy and Gabrielle singing “Breaking Free” was breathtaking. “Gabrielle” had a solo part where she twirled in the air. Man, I really admire what they can do in their skates.

One memorable part was the “Call Backs” scene where 3 scenes were going on at the same time. The skaters practically froze when it was the turn of another part of the stage. Another was the slow motion illuminated basketball. That really made us sit up because everyone thought it was really FLOATING!!

ACT 2 was equally entertaining. Consisted of scenes from HSM 2. Again, I stared in awe as the skaters leaped into the air and spun on the ice. There was a scene where Troy’s shirt was literally torn off him!! Adults in the audience wolf whistled!! When Troy did his solo, “Bet on It”, I thought it really beautiful! He was graceful and still had that manly stance! Of the skaters, the 3 leads, Sharpay, Gabrielle and Troy had the most difficult routines. I really loved watching them.

A little girl sitting behind us was really into it. According to Ben, she knew every single song that was played. I was tempted to take a photo with her, she was a star herself!!

We ended the night with supper at Xin Wang at White Sands.

God, I really had a wonderful night!! Thank you Ben, for your company!

GOD BLESS!!!

No comments: